Never miss a Web Hosting & Domains discount code!
Get exclusive offers straight to your inbox
Get exclusive offers straight to your inbox
Using a web hosting service and domain name is important when putting your personal or business stamp on the internet. Choosing a web hosting service and a corresponding domain name is the most effective way to rent a piece of space online, so it is important to choose the right one for you in order the make the most of your internet presence. A web hosting service will allow you to create your website, whilst the domain will provide the address by which users will be able to access your website, so the two really do go hand in hand. Although it is possible to purchase a web hosting service without registering a domain name, it is really best to also purchase a domain too, as without this your website will most likely be swallowed up by the rest of similar sites available, making it invisible to potential visitors and traffic. Whichever web hosting and domain services you choose to use, always be sure to use a discount or voucher code too. Web hosting and domain services understand that users are constantly needing to build or update websites for both business and personal purposes, and as such, will constantly be offering promotional and money off deals to entice new users and to retain existing customers too.
• What is Web Hosting?
Web hosting is the space on the internet where your website ‘lives’. If you are looking to set up a website, then you will need to use a web hosting service. A web hosting service will store your website information online and will allow you to access the server in order to build it and amend it. A web hosting company will be able to provide all the features you need to make your website accessible and functional. These include –
1. Support from WordPress or other blogging software – As part of your website, you will need to write content. This can be done through a variety of different software and platforms, but one of the most popular is WordPress. WordPress allows you to easily edit and update the content of your website and is also simple and straightforward to use, making it a popular choice with beginner and expert website owners alike. In fact, more than 25% of websites use WordPress for their content, so keep this in mind when selecting your web hosting service.
2. Linked email account – Having an email account linked to your website is also a really good feature to have, whether you are using a website for business or personal purposes. An email account that is linked to your website allows visitors to easily keep in touch with your site, and is a great way to establish a newsletter or other updating service to maintain a relationship with those who regularly visit your website, be it blog traffic or customers for a product or service your website is providing.
3. FTP access – Choosing a web hosting service that allows for FTP access is also really important. This is because it enables you to upload files quickly and easily from your computer directly to the server. This means you can build and update your website much faster.
• What are Domains?
A domain is the address that will lead other web users to your website. Just as with selecting the right web hosting company, there are some key factors to take into consideration when it comes to choosing a domain name. These include –
1. Domain Cost – One of the main things to consider when choosing a domain address is the cost associated with the particular domain name you may want. As a domain name will become instantly identifiable with your business, it is important to spend time choosing the right one, but be aware that depending on your area of interest or your industry, some popular domain names may already be in use, so you may need to get creative if you want to save money. Generic domain names are usually cheaper than those that are more niche, so keep this in mind too when you are adding up the cost of your domain name.
2. Time Period – If you think that purchasing your domain address will give you lifetime access to the name, then think again. Most registrars, the service through whom you will need to purchase the domain in the first place, will most likely only allow you ownership of the name for a specific period of time, before a fee will be due again. Most registrars allow you to purchase a domain address and name for a period of a year, and some will place you on an automatically renewing programme, so always double check how long you will own the domain name and address for before purchasing it in the first place.
3. Support – Whether you are experienced in building and running a website or not, you will likely need to check in with customer support at some point. It is a good idea to use a registrar who offers a high level of customer service and a number of different ways to get in touch with their customer services team too should anything go wrong or should you have any further questions after purchase.
To get started with building your website, you will first need to sign up to a web hosting service. This is effectively renting your online space so that you can open your virtual premises to the world, so it is important to be sure the web hosting service you choose is one that provides all the functionality you need at a price that is still competitive. Here are a few basic steps you will need to follow when signing up for a web hosting service –
Once you have signed up to your chosen web hosting service, next you will need to choose and pay for your domain. Purchasing a domain name is an important part of building your website. A domain name will be instantly synonymous and identifiable with your website, so it is important to choose something that is relevant to the content of the website you are trying to build. Here are the few simple steps you will need to follow when signing up for a domain through your chosen registrar -
Although it is possible to sign up for both elements of your website separately, it is also possible to purchase both as part of a bundle deal. Most companies which offer a web hosting service will also in general offer the opportunity to purchase your domain name through them too, so it can be an easy, convenient and money saving option to buy both elements of your website together as part of a bundle deal. If you would like to purchase both your domain and web hosting plan together, than you can usually choose to add-on one or the other, depending on which service you have selected first. For example, if you have found a web hosting plan you really like the look of, you will often be prompted by the service to add on a domain name too as part of your purchase. Equally, if you have opted to purchase your domain name first, you will often be able to include a web hosting service as part of the add-on features. So whichever way you choose to build your website, there are plenty of different options when it comes to securing the best deal. Also, do not forget to always check what voucher and discount codes may be available so save you even more money, even when purchasing a bundle deal.
Enter your email address below and we’ll be in touch with the latest deals and discount codes for